Lots of extra activities
to choose from
In addition to a variety of educational excursions and incursions, our students may choose to be involved in a wide range of extra-curricular activities which complement their overall RJ learning experience. Students may be involved in the activities listed below:
- Music Performance Groups - Singing groups and choirs, dance groups and instrumental groups. From Year 3, students may participate in Ukulele Ensembles, Guitar Ensembles, Beginner and Intermediate Bands, and group tutorials in woodwind, brass and percussion. Private tuition is also available through Peripatetic Tutors in a variety of woodwind and brass instruments, as well as keyboard, guitar, drums, violin and singing.
- Sport - Sport and Fitness in K-2 develops students’ gross motor and ball skills in a range of sports. Students in Years 3-6 may compete in interschool sport competitions and a variety of gala days. A wide range of sporting opportunities are also available through to State and National levels through the Christian Schools Sports Association.
- Leadership - Year 6 students may be selected as Primary Captains or Vice-Captains each year. House Captains and House Leaders may be nominated for each School House. Student Leaders from Years 4–6 will represent their class in the Student Forum.
- Special Events - Students greatly enjoy special events such as:
- Educational Trips - Year 4 students enjoy "Pyjamarama" which is a fun night at School. Year 5 and Year 6 students attend a two or three day outdoor recreation camp.
- Lunch-time Groups - Students may participate in lunchtime groups such as J-Crew, Footsteps (Christian groups) chess, debating, singing, bucket drumming, gardening club, Lego club and dance.
- Child Sponsorship and Service - Each class sponsors a child at the New Creation Children's Home in Kathmandu, Nepal. This program helps our students learn how important it is to care for other people. The students from RJ and Nepal particularly enjoy writing and receiving letters from one another. Our Student Forum organise a number of fundraising events through the year to raise money for people in need.
- External Opportunities - Students in performance or special groups may participate in a range of external opportunities such as choral festivals, interschool chess and debating competitions, as well as local community events.
There are so many educational and sport opportunities here at RJ. The teachers and students are great to be around.