Students can choose
from many activities
In addition to a variety of educational excursions and incursions, our students may choose to be involved in a wide range of extra-curricular activities which will complement their overall RJ learning experience. Students may be involved in the activities listed below:
- Music Performance Groups - Singing groups and choirs, dance groups and instrumental groups
- Sport - Sport and Fitness in K-2 develops students’ gross motor and ball skills in a range of sports. Students in Years 3-6 may compete in inter-school sport competitions and a variety of gala days. A range of sporting opportunities will also become available through to State and National levels through the Christian Schools Sports Association.
- Leadership - Year 6 students may be selected as Primary Captains or Vice-Captains each year. House Captains and House Leaders may be nominated for each School House. Student Leaders from Years 4–6 will represent their class in the Student Forum.
- Special Events - Students will greatly enjoy special events such as:
- Educational Trips - Year 4 students will enjoy "Pyjamarama" which is a fun night at School. Year 5 and Year 6 students experience a 2 or 3 day outdoor recreation camp.
- Lunch-time Groups - Students may participate in lunchtime groups such as Kids for Christ (KFC) - Christian kids club, chess, debating, singing and dance.
- Child Sponsorship and Service - Each Year Group sponsors a Compassion child. The students from RJ particularly enjoy writing and receiving letters from their sponsor child. Our Student Forum organise a number of fundraising events throughout the year to raise money for people in need.
- External Opportunities- Students in performance or special groups may participate in external opportunities such as choral festivals, inter-school chess and debating competitions, as well as local community events e.g. Riverstone Festival.